Course Design Team Retreat (two-day workshop)
- Have you been asked to design or redesign a module or programme for validation and delivery?
- Have you identified colleagues to work with to develop the programme but unsure where to start, or lost your way?
- Have you imagined how much you could achieve if you could only have the head-space and support?
Consider bringing your team of four people away for a two-day course design retreat. Over two days you will be supported to work together to work through the 8-Stage Learning Design Framework. This enables you to go from scratch to draft specification documents for a properly aligned and robust programme. The Framework is aimed at all tertiary level provision regardless of discipline, level, context (FE/HE) and mode (f2f/online).
Outline of Time Spent
All attendees are required to attend for the entirety of the retreat and attend all workshop sessions. The retreat begins with an informal dinner and post-dinner orientation session on the first evening followed by hopefully a good night's sleep in your private en-suite bedroom.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided on day one with sessions beginning at 09:00 and finishing 16:30, giving delegates a couple of hours to themselves or for team activities depending on the theme of the retreat.
Everyone then gathers for dinner and a brief round-up session before either retiring, spending time in the bar or wandering into town, just 3 mins away. We begin the second day again at 09:00, finishing at 16:00. Details of each retreat's timetable will be provided in advance.
- Team Members are expected to attend for the entirety of the Retreat and are expected to be present for dinner of the first evening.
- Guests who wish to extend their stay are welcome to do so subject to availability at the venue.
Team costs include:
- two-days of workshop facilitation and guidance from Simon Paul Atkinson
- individual Framework workbook (one per person)
- Framework and Taxonomy posters (one per person)
- ensuite single occupier accommodation for two nights
- all breakfasts, lunches and dinners for two days
- all teas and coffees during sessions
Total cost per team of four is £1899
- Expression of Interest will generate an invoice for a 50% deposit (£950) payable within 30 days - to secure venue places.
- Your team's place is not reserved until the deposit has been paid.
- The balance will be invoiced 7 days prior to the Retreat with 30 days to pay.
- Deposits will be returned in full if a minimum of three teams are not confirmed 30 days before workshop dates
For details of how the Retreat operates, including Terms & Conditions, click here.
See the REGISTRATION form to generate an invoice and begin the process of registering your team.