Course Design Team Retreat (two-day workshop)
- Have you been asked to design or redesign a module or programme for validation and delivery?
- Have you identified colleagues to work with to develop the programme but unsure where to start, or lost your way?
- Have you imagined how much you could achieve if you could only have the head-space and support?
Consider bringing your team of four people away for a two-day course design retreat. Over two days you will be supported to work together to work through the 8-Stage Learning Design Framework. This enables you to go from scratch to draft specification documents for a properly aligned and robust programme. The Framework is aimed at all tertiary level provision regardless of discipline, level, context (FE/HE) and mode (f2f/online).
Each two-day Enhancement Retreat is hosted at The Cosener's House, a beautiful 18th-century house bordering on to the River Thames at Abingdon-on-Thames, 9 miles south of Oxford. The buildings are now the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory's Conference Centre managed by the Science & Technology Facilities Council. Delegates are accommodated in single occupancy en-suite private rooms unless otherwise requested. (details of the venue)
Outline of Time Spent
All attendees are required to attend for the entirety of the retreat and attend all workshop sessions. The retreat begins with an informal dinner and post-dinner orientation session on the first evening followed by hopefully a good night's sleep in your private en-suite bedroom.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner are provided on day one with sessions beginning at 09:00 and finishing 16:30, giving delegates a couple of hours to themselves or for team activities depending on the theme of the retreat. If it is a beautiful afternoon you may want to stroll up to the weir and crosstie Thames at Abingdon Lock, walking down the river bank opposite Cosener’s House and crossing back over at Abingdon Bridge (30 minutes)
Everyone then gathers for dinner and a brief round-up session before either retiring, spending time in the bar or wandering into town, just 3 mins away. We begin the second day again at 09:00, finishing at 16:00. Details of each retreat's timetable will be provided in advance.
|Next Retreat:||from 19:00 Wednesday 24th October|
|to 16:00 Friday 26th October|
- Team Members are expected to attend for the entirety of the Retreat and are expected to be present for dinner of the first evening.
- Guests who wish to extend their stay are welcome to do so subject to availability at the Cosener's House.
Team costs include:
- two-days of workshop facilitation and guidance from Simon Paul Atkinson
- individual Framework workbook (one per person)
- Framework and Taxonomy posters (one per person)
- ensuite single occupier accommodation for two nights
- all breakfasts, lunches and dinners for two days
- all teas and coffees during sessions
Total cost per team of four is £1899
- Expression of Interest will generate an invoice for a 50% deposit (£950) payable within 30 days - to secure venue places.
- Your team's place is not reserved until the deposit has been paid.
- The balance will be invoiced 7 days prior to the Retreat with 30 days to pay.
For details of how the Retreat operates, including Terms & Conditions, click here.
For details of The Cosener's House click here.
See the REGISTRATION form to generate an invoice and begin the process of registering your team.